Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Off to College

I have 19 days of living in Visalia, CA left. I'll be moving nine hours north to attend Humboldt State University. I'm not exactly sure how to feel about it. I've never lived on my own so I'm afraid I'll be lonely. I've never lived outside of the central valley so I'm excited for the different culture. I've known my classmates my entire life so I feel a little timid and shy which is far from the norm. I could go on and on. I have reasons to feel angry, worried, annoyed, happy, relieved, and anxious. The one emotion that I'm missing is sadness. I should feel sad that I'm leaving my family, but, as much as my mother would hate to hear it, I'm ready. I should be sad that I'm leaving my friends who live here in Visalia, but it seems they're ready for me to go. They've all replaced me for the next school year and I doubt they will honestly miss me. I should feel sad that all my friends the same age as me are spreading across the state, but I'm not. I don't have a "best" friend that I hang out with everyday. There is no one I'll truly miss aside my family, but I plan to talk to them every day. I should feel sad; everyone else does. I don't. There isn't anything keeping me attached to the place I've called home for my eighteen years. It feels off. I'll have to ignore it... 19 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment